Intro: $7 Automatic Coffee Grinder (a.k.a. Pistol With Silencer / Recycling Unusable Coffee Hand Mill)
Many people entering the world of the hand-drip coffee agonize what they need to buy. Since existence of automation in a coffee grinder cause you tens of dollars, many of people, including me, buy a hand coffee grinder.
However, you need 'automation' in a certain situation. I experienced grinding coffee beans for an hour, when I have invited 12 friends, and a day after cramps on my arm.
I believe this instruction will save you one day.
Step 1: Preparation
Materials you need
- hand-mill - should have a cover (you can buy this around $7, I recycled handmill without grip)
- power drill - lighter or cordless one is better
- coffee beans (optional)
Step 2: Pull Off Handle of Your Hand-mill (optional - If You Have the Grip)
* I found this hand mill in the storage, looked clean but didn't have its grip; you can't use hand-mill without the grip (a.k.a. recycling). I washed it before the usage :) You can use any of the hand mills if bolt part of it fits on a power drill.
Step 3: Adjust Your Power Drill's Jaw
Step 4: Fit Your Power Drill Into a Hand-mill and Adjust It
You have to tighten jaw to a certain extent that hand-mill will not be removed easily.
Warning: it might look like screwing the silencer onto the pistol :)
Step 5: You Have an Automatic Coffee Grinder (a.k.a. Pistol With Silencer) !!
- Don't grind too fast; your ceramic/steel blade will lose sharpness or be cranked.
- Don'taim this to any living organism; this is not a pistol.
- If your hand-mill doesn't have a cover, you must keep its speed very low.