Introduction: 8 Ways to Transform a White Button-Down Shirt
http://www.styleunited.com/TipsAndTrends/article/8-Ways-to-Transform-a-White-Button-Down-Shirt You can never go wrong with a classic white, button-down-the-front shirt. Here are some great ways to style this must-have basic:
1. The "women's bow-tie:" Button the shirt to the top and add a statement necklace.
2. Long, layered chains: Add some long necklaces under the collar.
3. A floral pin: Add a touch of spring with a fabric flower pin.
4. "The vest:" Layer on a sweater shell.
5. The blazer: Wear a blazer in a deep color for contrast.
6. The camisole: Unbutton a few top buttons and let some lace peek out.
7. The crop top: Unbutton a few lower buttons and tie the tails.
8. Shirt as jacket: Unbutton the shirt the entire way with a great layer underneath. Belt if desired.
TIP: For these looks, look for a shirt in 100 percent cotton or a cotton blend. A thinner fabric, such as silk, will hang differently and be prone to snags from jewelry.