This light is basically for begginers at LEDs and circuitry, but it is still fun to make for pros. If you don't like it give me contructive critisism for my next instructable (not: This F'ing Suxs!!!). HAVE FUN!
(This picture is before i covered it with electrical tape and made it neat)
Step 1: What You Need!!!
What you will need is all at radioshack, Frys or any other electronic store (NOT home depot!). Buy boxes that have more than one item in it because they are usually less.
Items (for one Light):
x1- LED light (smaller wire coming out is -)
x1- 9v Battery
x1- 9v Battery Clip
Soldering Iron (with solder)
Glue Gun (need about 2 sticks)
Step 2: What Type of Resistors You Need.
If you are nerdy and uncool you may be smart enough to do the calculations and figure out what kind you need. But if your cool go to this website: Resistor Calculator.
Step 3: Starting the Project
Now to start the project:
1.Take the 9v Battery Clip and hot glue the led to the top of it (make it so the wires coming out of the LED come out of somewhere).
2. Take the Black Wire coming from the battery clip and solder it with the negative wire from the LED (negative is the shorter wire)
3. Then take the red wire coming from the battery clip and solder it to one of the leads coming from the switch.
4. After that take your resistor (make sure you know which side is the front) and sodler the wire coming from the front to the other lead coming from the switch. Make sure the leads do not touch or any metal from the resistor is touching the other wire.
5. Solder the wire coming from the back of the resistor to the positive wire coming from the LED.
6. Take your battery clip and clip in onto your battery. (you may shorten wires to make it neater).
7. Press down the switch. If it does not work check through the steps again and see if the resistor may be on backwards.
Step 4: YOU ARE DONE!!!
Yup, all that hard work and your finito! Have fun making these and remember this is a perfect project for begginers, or pros. Please be smart enoguh to wear something over your mouth when soldering or dont breath in the fumes. (The solder is 50% lead which is a hazard to your health)