Often times we buy annual calendars to keep ourselves organized and reduce stress. The downside of annual calendars is that they expire at the end of its year cycle. Instead of buying a annual calendar you can keep yourself organized with this perpetual calendar that can be used without expiring.
*Before starting this instructable, please read all instruction steps.
- 1-Cereal Box
- 1 piece - decorative paper
- 5-plain cardstock
- 1-double sided tape or glue
- 1-bag of loose leaf binder rings
- Printer (Optional: May want print your design)
- Excel or word (optional)
- Hole punch
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Constructing the Base
- Cut cereal box to 8.5" x 7.5"
- Cut decorative paper to 10.5' x 9.5'
- Score the cereal box on the 7.5' short edge at 2.5", 3.75", and 5' so that the score lines are parallel with the long 8.5" edge.
- The 7.5" should line up with 9.5" or short side of the cardboard should line up with the short side of the decorative paper
- W-fold the score lines using the edge of a table side.
- Use the double sided tape or glue, and fixate the decorative paper to the printed side of the cereal box.
- Cut triangle notches at the w-fold or 9.5” side of the decorative paper.
- Cut the corners of the decorative paper diagonally.
- Apply double sided tape or glue along the edges of the decorative paper.
- Be careful to not put too much glue, as it may soften the decorative paper.
- Fold the excess decorative paper over the edges of the entire cereal box to finish binding base.
- Let the glue set for about 10 minutes.
- Make 3 hole punches on both the top and bottom sides that are parallel to the score lines.
Step 2: Making the Flip Cards
- On the plain cardstock write or print your calendar months, days, and personal or motivational notes in 2" wide x 2.25" tall rectangles.
- You can use excel or word and a printer, or hand write them out to personalize it to your own liking.
- Cut cardstock rectangles.
- Hole punch the top edges of the rectangles
- Sort rectangles into three stacks in the order of: months, days and personal notes rectangles.
Step 3: Final Assembly
Inset the 3 binder rings in each of the parallel hole punches of calendar base, leaving the snap closure open.
Insert cardstock rectangles in the order of month, days and personal notes.
Close binder rings and you’re ready to use your flip calendar!