While viewing Restoration Hardware’s spring 2016 online catalog of decor items, we noticed glass cloches filled with collectible objects and thought they’d make an easy & personal decor piece. These were the inspiration for this subtle & quick Valentine’s decoration. It’s a nice addition to a winter table-scape decor.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Materials and Tools.
Materials & Tools
- Alphabet buttons—we used the word “love"
- Wood skewer sticks
- Spray paint
- Sculpey clay or any non-hardening clay (non-hardening so everything is removal so the glass dome can be used again)
- Glass dome with bottom
- Glue—I used hot glue
- Scissors or wire cutters (something to cut the wood skewers)
- About a 1/2 cup of vase filler—we used plastic “ice” & flat marbles
Step 2: Glue Letters to Sticks, Let Dry.
- Cut sticks so they fit inside dome
- Spray paint letters/sticks, let dry
Step 3: Cover Bottom of Dome Base With About a 1/4” Thickness of Clay.
Step 4: Place Sticks Into Clay, Check Placement to Be Sure They Fit Under the Dome.
Step 5: Pour Vase Filler Into Glass Dome; Carefully Place Dome Over Wood Base.
Step 6: Done!
Participated in the
Valentine's Day Challenge 2016