Do you hate to throw away perfectly good plastic bags from your shopping trips? I do too... but I also don't care much for their bulk and general untidiness. So here's a way to fold up those bags so they aren't such a mess to save!
This is my first video Instructable, I actually generally prefer still images and well written instructions but I think this was easier to show in the form of moving pictures.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Fold Up Those Plastic Bags
Here are some written instructions for those of you who don't like watching videos.
- Take one of the hundreds (thousands?) of plastic bags you have stuffed in a drawer or box somewhere
- Press it flat with your hands squeezing all the air out
- Fold the bag in half lengthwise
- Fold the bag in half lengthwise again
- Now starting at the closed end make a diagonal fold
- Next, make a fold along the horizontal line created by your first fold
- Continue folding the bag alternating diagonal and horizontal folds until you get to the open end
- Periodically brush the air out of the back with our hand as you fold
- At the end, open one of the folds in the triangle and insert the last bit of the bag
- Press flat
- You're done!
That's all there is to it! Save space and don't let those plastic bags become garbage after a single use. I always keep a couple of these bags in the bottom of my re-usables in case i need more space.