Intro: A Pool Story: Green to Clean
A story that starts between a rock and a hard place that starts in a greener pasture but leads to a tranquil blue.
Step 1: The Discovery
I was asked by a friend to care for his pool as he was visiting relatives. Upon my arrival, this is what I found. The cleaning machine had sucked up a rock which made the device quit cleaning the pool.
Step 2: The First Attempt
I brushed the sides and floor of the pool to break the algae up so that the cleaning machine could do its job.
Step 3: Too Late for the Machine to Work Properly
The cleaning machine attempted to do its job but the algae was so bad that it took over the pool
Step 4: Greener Than Grass
The pool had become so green that the grass was jealous.
Step 5: Pool Medication Step 1
After testing the pool water, I was began the cure process. I used a product that was called Clear Blue.
1. Unplug cleaning machine, Back Wash & Rinse. (Keep cleaning machine unplugged, up to the end
of the process).
2. Clear Blue - Add to the weir and let the pump run on circulate / bypass for 2 hours
Step 6: Settled Algae
3. Switch off pump for at least 12 hours.
4. Vacuum everything that dropped to the bottom out to waste.
Step 7: Pool Medication: Step 2
5. Topup the water level.
6. Add the Black Out & Peroxide at the weir.
7. Leave the pump to run for 12-24 Hours.
WAY COOL stuff happens now.... watch how the circulated water swirls a bubbly milkiness
Step 8: Pool Medication: Step 3
8. The green should be gone, if it is still milky at this time, add a
Step 9: Green Be Gone... Hello Crystal Clear Pool
9. Once the milky / cloudyness is gone, the cleaning machine can be re-introduced to the pool.
Gotta say that I hope this NEVER happens to a pool I was entrusted to watch while the owners are enjoying their family time!!