I decided that I wanted to make a "Book Safe", I mean how hard could it be?
I'm relatively handy, this is going to be a couple of hours and a complete doddle
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
So with the best of intentions I gathered my materials
A book $2 from the local "Op Shop" (Charity Shop)
I chose Hannibal as there were 2 copies there (so not depriving any one of one), also it was relatively hefty and also I had read it and found it awful and in need of sacrificing!
Glue, in this case craft glue (PVA Adhesive) $4:90 from the $2+ shop
Piece of Cardboard
Step 2: Cut a Template
To get all the holes in the pages even I cut a template from the cardboard.
Step 3: Cut Centre Portion Out of Pages and Start Gluing
As it says ^
Step 4: Every Few Pages Iron Together to Keep Pages Flat
This was an abject failure!!!!!!!!!
Step 5: Realise That This Is Not Turning Out Well and Chuck the Lot in the Bin
It turned into a sticky, soggy, distorted mess
After about 50 pages I realised that I am not a patient man!
I should perhaps have stuck all the pages together and let dry, then cut the hole, or done a few pages, let dry and then a few more.
Hand Crafts PAH! ----Give me Power Tools anyday!!!!
Vote for me in the EPIC FAIL CONTEST please
Participated in the
Spectacular Failures Contest