Few weeks ago I bought a new heat air gun. It fairly cheap but comes with only 1 replacement nozzle. I do ask the seller that I want to buy some replacement nozzles. He said he doesn't have one and I have to make my own. Okay. My slogan is "I am thankful for all of those who don't do anything at all. It’s because of them I do it myself" so I took it as a challenge and I did make several nozzles.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Need
- Some beer cans (of course)
- A small plier (or even your bare hand, it's soft)
- A stampler or glue (can work at high tempreature) or even none
- A strong scissor
Step 2: Shaping the Can Into Snozzle's Shape
I see 4 snozzles in the catalog (not the one I already have) but I only see 3 shape clearly so I make a set of 3
- Firstly, remove the top and the bottom of the can then cut into half. You should keep the thick part of the top to use it later
- Next, roll them (the thick part) to fit snug the size of the heat gun. You can use stampler to prevent it unroll
- Cut the except part (depend on the shape of the snozzle) or fold the size to maintain the shape.
- For the long, small rectangle snozzle, I make a pipe from the beer can then shape it by hand. Use plier to make the 90 degree angle. The cool thing of this nozzle is I can shape it even smaller (by hand) during working then re-shape it :D
- Then I make a cone for the small tip snozzle. The smaller end's size is free choice. I prefer 2 cm diameter. To keep it in the right shape, both edge are folded together
- The last snozzle is cut from the tube shape, folded to the back to double hard then bent at top and both side
Now I have full feature of the snozzle.
Step 3: Extra Fun and Put in Use
Not only stop at 3 nozzle, I also make 2 prototype to show you fun is it. I can make more than that: triangle, square, pentagon, hexagon (I thing this is max), or star shape... just 4 fun.
I use food-wrap to demonstration the focus of the air. I overheat a bit and make the hole larger.
I use new nozzle to fix my broken pot and it worked, just doesn't have a good look :P
Let me know what you think below and make one :D