Introduction: AI Tutor 1.0 2.0 3.0
In order to cater for the needs of the students, we developed AI TUTOR 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0. We continuously improved the functions of AI TUTORS to meet the needs of students.
AI tutor 1.0: Musical Master (drum set) + AI Tutor
AI tutor 2.0: Become portable (open pipe) and wearable
AI tutor 3.0: Adding the eye to AI tutor (piano) which read the passage and the musical sheet (chord).
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Requirements
- raspberry pi 3B
- Voice kit v1
- ARDUINO MEGA 2560
- Capacitor sensor x 7 pieces
- 3D printed pianos
- 12 inch plastic pipe
- copper adhesive tapes
- paper box - 20cm(L) X 15cm(W) X 6 cm(H)
- Raspberry pi lens v2
- SP 1 PIT 1.5A 250VAC button
- 3D printing stands
- SPARKFUN MUSICAL INSTRUMENT SHIELD
- Adafruit 12-Key Capacitive Touch Sensor Breakout - MPR121
- Arduino programming
- Python programming
Step 2: Assembly Google Voice Kit V1
Follow the instruction of the above links to build AI tutor1.
Step 3: AI Tutor + Musical Shield
- Using Wood grain stickers to cover the google voice kit V1.
- Using USB cable to connect the google voice kit v1 to Arduino Mega with musical shield.
- Loading the Arduino program to the Arduino Mega.
- Running the python program in the google voice kit v1.
- Google voice kit and Arduino Mega communicate with each other through the USB cable.
Step 4: Musical Shield and Arduino Mega
We used Arduino Mega as the musical master since Arduino Mega provide more pins for the drumset. We combined these two components as a single module which will connect to AI tutor 1, teaching music.
Step 5: Connecting the Drumsets to Musical Master
We used the jumper pins as a connector which connected the drumsets to the musical master. So, the device could be expendable. In addition, other musical instrument can be connected to the musical master.
Step 6: Coding - Arduino and Python
Step 7: Video - AI Tutor 1.0
AI Tutor 1.0: Students are playing piano.
AI tutor 1.0 demonstration
Step 8: Making AI Tutor 2.0
- Use the pipe and screw the hole by screw driver.
- Use copper adhesive tapes as the tone finger plate.
- Use Adafruit 12-Key Capacitive Touch Sensor Breakout - MPR121 for connecting the copper adhesive tape and arduino mega. The idea was reducing the complexity of circuit design and making wearable AI tutor 2.0.
- 3D printing: make the protective shield of three main components, Arduino Mega with musical shield, Goggle voice kit and Speaker.
- Attached three components to the belt.
- Use the USB portable battery as the power supply.
Step 9: Making the Open Pipe
- Use the pipe and screw the hole by screw driver.
- Use copper adhesive tapes as the tone finger plates.
- Soldering each tone finger plate to the dupont wire.
Step 10: Making the Connector to Adafruit 12-Key Capacitive Touch Sensor Breakout - MPR121
- 3D printg to make the connector socket.
- Put all the dupont wires from the tone finger plates into the connector socket.
- Insert the connector socket into Adafruit 12-Key Capacitive Touch Sensor Breakout - MPR121
- 3D printing to make protective box (orango color).
- Use USB type A wire connect the musical master module to google AIY voice kit 1.
- 3D printing to make a protective box (white) for AIY voice kit 1.0.
- 3D printing to make a protective box (yellow) for the speaker
Step 12: Video - AI Tutor 2.0
AI tutor 2.0 demonstration
AI tutor 2.0: The player is playing the music
Practice : AI tutor 2.0 "next" command
Step 13: AI Tutor 3.0
AI Tutor 3.0 can read the passage and simple musical sheet.
Step 14: Making AI Tutor3.0 - Musical Instrument Phototype
- Use the hard mouse pad as a piano.
- Attach copper adhesive tapes on the hard mouse pad.
- Soldering the dupont wires to copper adhesive tapes.
- Attach all the heads of dupont wires altogether as a connector.
Step 15: The Circuit of AI Tutor 3.0
Long cable for the raspberry pi lens V2.
Step 16: Making the Musical Instrument - Piano
- Soldering the 12 capacitive touch sensors to the Musical Shield.
- Soldering the 12 capacitive touch sensors to the the finger pin of piano.
Step 17: OCR Speech - Raspberry Pi 3.0 B
Reference: PiTextReader Document Reader for Impaired Vision - R.Grokett
- Connect the 24" camera cable to the camera.
- Connect the button to the Raspberry Pi 3.0 B+ which controls the OCR speech.
Step 18: AIY Voice Kit V1.0
- Microphone module from AIY voice kit V1.0 connect to the voice hat.
- Make a hole for microphone.
Step 20: AI Tutor 3.0 Can Be Transformed to a Box.
AI tutor 3.0, likes a transformer, is a paper box. All the components stands, the camera cable, speakers, wires and the lens can be put into the paper box.
Step 21: Making AI Tutor 3.0
In order to increase the data processing power, we used two raspberry pi 3B+ for making the AI Tutor 3.0.
In addition, we make use of "PiTextReader, Document Reader for Impaired Vision, R. Grokett" to integrate into AI tutor 3.0.
The AI Tutor 3.0 can read the passage and recognize each words. In addition,AI tutor 3.0 can read the simple musical sheet and play the music accordingly and AI tutor 3.0 likes a music tutor, the player can play the music with different type of musical notes, For example, organ, violin and sax phone. Finally, AI Tutor 3.0 can be a Maths tutor and a English tutor.
Step 22: Video - AI Tutor 2.0 and 3.0
AI tutor 3.0 are playing music with reading the chords.
AI tutor 3.0 - "music" command and " Next" command
AI tutor 3.0 "exercise 1 " command
AI tutor 3.0 are reading the passage
AI tutor 2.0 and 3.0 demonstration
Participated in the
Raspberry Pi Contest 2020