Tired of seeing everything disorganized and not finding fast enough what you want?
This instructable will help you find your art supplies whenever you need them. This is also a great idea if you have kids or if you work in a classroom for helping the kids have an organized space. (If you work in a classroom, you could create 3 or more ART-BOXES and have in each one a kit of art so the kids can learn to share things and also to have things organized while they work in their art class.)
For making this instructable you will need:
1. A wood wine box
2. 2 wood sticks (1m x 1 cm x 1 cm)
4. 4 wood screws
5. Masking tape
6. Wood sheet
1. Small wood hacksaw
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Clean, Sand and Prepare the Wine Box
All I did in this step was to clean and sand the wood wine box for preparing it for the other steps.
Step 2: Measure and Cut
1. Measure the internal height and width of the wine box to cut the wood sheet and create separations.
2. Copy the taken measurements on the wooden sheet and cut the desired number of separations (I cut 3).
3. Then cut the wood sticks, you will need 4 sticks 25 cm long and one 3 cm longer than the wine box.
4. Place the sticks on one of the sides of the wine box and mark with a pencil where they should be cut (check image as a guide).
5. Then cut the sticks where you marked them to make the union (check image as a guide).
Step 3: Glue and Screws
1. Glue the sticks together.
2. Screw the sticks to the wine box (2 sticks on each side).
3. Join the box divisions with glue.
4. Let it dry.
Step 4: Paint It
1. Paint as you like.
2. Let it dry.
Step 5: Organize the Art Supplies
1. This box does not have to be used only with pencils, markers, glues and tapes. It can be used for whatever you need.
2. In this instructable we show you two possible uses: Art elements and tapes and glues.