Intro: Add Password Protection to Any .zip Folder
This Instructable is on how to take a folder compress it & add a password to it.
Note: This makes it so you can't unzip, read, or open the files in the folder but you can see what the files are. In other words it means that you can see what the files are, But not what's in them. if you have questions on this please ask me in the comments.
Use this for confidential stuff at your own risk!! My suggestion is don't
No Harm Will Be Done To Your Computer if you do this correctly!
I'm NOT responsible for ANY thing that goes wrong
If You Have Any Questions, Comments, Things I left out, & Suggestions Please Post Them!
Step 1: Stuff You Need:
Stuff you need to get:
1) 7-Zip Download
Stuff you probably already have:
1) Computer (Running Windows)
2) Files in it you want to protect
3) A Little Computer Knowledge
Step 2: Create a Folder & Add Files
First install 7-Zip
Second you want to create a folder:
1) Right click on your desktop
2) Go to New then click on Folder
Third add the files you want password protected to the folder
Step 3: Archive the Folder
Archive the folder with 7-Zip:
1) Right Click on the folder you want to protect
2) Go to 7-Zip then click on Add to Archive...
3) Make sure that the Archive Format option is set to Zip if not change it
4) Under Encryption Type your password the retype it below
5) Click on Ok
Step 4: Finish Up & How to Extract the Files
To Unzip it:
1) Right click on the Zipped folder
2) Go to Extract All
3) Click next
4) Click next again
5) Type in your password
6) Click Finish