I thought this Idea was cool but made a few mistakes on the way.
THINGS NOT TO DO / LESSONS:
NEVER USE A DRYER FOR QUICK SOLIDIFICATION (I infused a false diamond and a SD card in my pendant)
BETTER IDEA TO MIX YOUR ADHESIVE WITH SOME INK SO THAT THE OBJECT IS NOT VISIBLE.
BE VERY CAREFUL USING A SHARP BLADE WHILE DIGGING OUT YOUR ITEM.
- Small items like SD card, diamonds etc
- normal adhesive (NOT THE QUICK DRY TYPES AS IT BECOMES BRITTLE AND UNBREAKABLE) (NO INDUSTRIAL GLUE AS THIS PENDANT WOULD BE TOUCHING YOUR SKIN)
- ink (ink from a fountain pen , or some color by dipping the long plastic wrapped fiber from a sketchpen in your adhesive)
- spring from a pen
- a small container(I used a tube cap)
- cling film/ food wrap (important)
- aluminium foil (for saving from electronic rays or something )
- Sting long enough to make a necklace
- sharp blade (for digging out the object)
- Clingfilm your items together (I did an SD Card and a artificial diamond)
- take the spring , pull it and wrap it around the cling filmed item and twisting the ends together to make a loop for a sting to go through
-Empty some adhesive into a container and mix it with some ink(Some adhesives go transparent like mine,which basically makes this entire exercise go waste)
- dip your pendant into the colored adhesive and cover it fully
- more artistic people can design it better than I can :)
- leave it to dry /solidify
- when it does, just string through the loop and wear it .
- for extracting the object carefully cut it out with a sharp blade
I'm still wearing mine, yeah, I know, even though I know its just a used SD card and a junk jewellery diamond.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.