Intro: Adjustable HV Power Supply for Stompbox With Subminiature Tubes
This SMPS can be powered with low input voltage, from 5 VDC to 15 VDC.
Adjustable Output Voltage: + 92 Vdc to +340 Vdc
This assembled module of the SMPS can be used as power supply, for guitar pedal booster, effects stompbox,
with subminiature tubes ( CK series, 5702, 5744, 5718, 6112, 6021, 6286, ... ). Can be used too, as power supply, for the Xenon Lamp, Nixie tube Clock, VFD display, Magic Eye, Neon, and too many others electronics circuits who need HV power supply to work. Is great to use with many models of Nixie tube. It can drive 6 Nixie tubes, in multiplex mode, from 180 to 200V. Powered with low voltage from 5VDC to 15 VDC. With this SMPS you can power 250V @ current of 7.5mA! *In all case above, important note, DC and AC filters must be improved, if is desired reducing present HF frequency noises at output! Another fact, informed before, the RF energy is irradiated as magnetic and electric field, shielded assembly could be necessary!
The electronic schematic is available on the pictures).
- Input + 5 Vdc to +15 Vdc maximum! 0.5A Max. ( Be sure, do not input power overload ).
- Workable Output Voltage: + 92 Vdc to +340 Vdc .
- Power Input Max.: 7.5W
- Working frequency: 45KHz +/- 15kHz ( varies in function of the load, input and output voltage ).
- No audible noise.
- Weight: 40g
Dimensions ( W x D x H ): 70 x 50 x 20 mm.
Fun with this DIY, to assemble this simple Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS).
After assembled, this module of the SMPS can be used as power supply, for battery powered portable tube radios, and amplifiers. Is great to use with subminiature tubes, CK 5072, 5744, 5718, 6112, and other devices who need high DC voltage. This SMPS is based on the classical NE555! ( see schematic on the pictures ).
The suggested PCB layout is to guide with the placement of all parts.
The part list for this DIY kit is composed by:
- 1 x Prototype PCB 5x7 cm ( Single Side Copper) Hole diam. 1mm - Hole pitch: standard 2.54mm
- 1 x Power Inductor Coil 85uH ( shielded and with "GAP")
- 1 x 2N2222 Transistor
- 1 x MOSFET IRF740 400V
- 1 x Fast Rectifier Diode (FRD) 400V
- 1 x NE555
- 1 x DIP 8 pin IC socket
- 1 x Trimpot 10k
- 2 x Electrolytic Capacitor 470uF/25V and 2.2uF/ 400V
- 6 x Resistors ( see the schematic )
- 2 x Disc Capacitors ( see the schematic )
- 4 x Terminals for PCB