In ten minutes or less, 5 common items, and a little touch of creativity you can express your feelings in an extraordinary way. Are you looking for gift ideas for a teacher, friend, child, husband, boyfriend, or someone who just needs encouraged? Why not give them a salad with a vintage touch?
Step 1: Supplies
- 1Small wide mouth canning jar with lid.
- 1 Small scrap of fabric for the jar topper.
- 1 small piece of batting for the jar topper.
- A few grapes.
- A few strawberries.
Step 2: Assembly
- Wash/dry Jar and lid.
- Wash/ dry the strawberries and grapes.
- Remove the strawberry stems reserving 2 for garnish.
- Carefully carve the strawberry to form a heart.
Step 3: Layer Fruit
- Layer the strawberries against the jar with a few grapes in the bottom of the jar and around the strawberry with out changing the shape of the heart.
- Continue until the jar is full.
- You will use more grapes than strawberries.
Use the grapes to hold the strawberry in place while you fill the jar.
Step 4: The Lid
- Depending on the size of your jar, cut out a circle that will be large enough to hang down from the jar as shown.
- If you have pinking sheers it would give it a pretty edge.
- Take your batting and place it on the lid
- Position your cloth over the batting and lid.
- Straighten the edges to even it out.
- Screw the lid over the jar as shown.
- Garnish with Strawberry stem or a grape leaf.
Step 5: Name the Jar
I named mine Agape salad.
Other names might be:
- Aren't you Grape.
- Berry Nice of you.
- You are Grape.
- Grape teacher.
- Berry sweet of you.
- I heart U.
- Thinking of you with love.
Include the name of the jar with a note or card.
If you have some clever ones please share.
Step 6: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
If I was on the receiving end of this gift I would certainly feel love from the giver. This is a clever way to express your sentiments and it is so easy to make.
I thank you for stopping by. Please drop in again you never know what I might dream up!
Have a great day!