This will show you how to paint an airsoft gun tiger stripe camouflage, using only paint and masking tape. This is a way to spice up those solid black guns, or make a clear gun, look awesome.
Step 1: General Info and Supplies
Please know that you probably won't want to paint your $250 airsoft gun on your first try. If you mess up, it could look bad. So please try it on a lower quality gun first unless you are positive you can do a good job.
- Two colors of paint. (Unless you want black stripes. Then you only need one color.)
- A roll of masking or painters tape.
- A gun to paint.
Step 2: The First Coat of Paint.
We are now going to apply the first coat of paint. THIS WILL BE THE COLOR OF THE TIGER STRIPES!!! So make sure you use that color. I don't have to paint a first coat, since I want the stripes to be black (the color of my gun).
- Be sure to cover the orange tip on the gun, or it can be confiscated by the police.
- Shake rapidly for about a minute.
- Then spray quickly over the gun, making lines. DO NOT HOLD DOWN THE BUTTON AND JUST PAINT THE GUN IN ONE SPRAY!!! Make lines and cover the gun lightly.
- You might need to add a second coat, but I usually don't. It's just your preference.
Sorry, no pic.
Step 3: Taping the Stripes
After your first color of paint has COMPLETELY dried, apply masking tape to look like tiger stripes. Make the ends of the pieces of tape into triangles. It should look something like the picture.
Step 4: The Second Color
The second, and final color of the painting. Use the same technique as before, and paint the gun completely. Notice- this will be the main color of the gun. So choose a good one. I chose a rust-oleum painters touch oregano color. This looks very nice, and I also painted my M16 this color.
Step 5: Remove the Tape
Once you are sure your gun is dry, remove the tape. The tiger stripes should look like this. I would recommend not handling it for at least 1 and a half hours. But if you think it is dry, go for it.
Step 6: Congratulations
You have painted you airsoft gun tiger stripe camouflage! Look for my M16 and M4 camouflage Instructable coming soon.