I made Aladdin's Magic Carpet for the 4 +5 year olds in my class. I hope you enjoy it as much as they did!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
- Spray Adhesive
- Fabric Scissors(or any that will cut)
- dark purple felt and light blue felt. (depends how big you would like your carpet.) I think mine is about 2 yards purple and 1.5 blue
- Gold Tassels
- A Picture of the carpet
- A cut out of the cat and lamp and flame
- Yellow and Blue Thread
- sewing Machine
- Red,Yellow and Blue acrylic paint
Step 2: Set Up Felt
- Lay out purple felt
- Cut desired shape
- Lay the blue felt on top and cut so it fits in the middle with an even boarder
- Spray the purple fabric under the blue a little at a time and smooth flat as you go.
- Sew around the edge of the blue using your blue thread
Step 3: The Tassels
- Sew the tassels in each corner. I went back and forth many times since I would be using this in a class of 20 four + five year olds
Step 4: Begin Laying Out the Pattern
- Begin laying out your pattern and tracing the pieces.
- I started with the lams then did the flames, then the tigers in each corner.
- After I added the swirls
- Then you can begin to paint.
- The swirls are blue. The lamps and Tigers are gold and there is a gold boarder around the blue and the purple
- The flames are red
- Note: The acrylic paint did not stick well and used a lot because the fabric sucked it up. so I suggest using Fabric paint or taking the time to cut other felt and sew on like you did with with blue and purple. Because this was for a large class I wasn't worried if the paint was perfect.