Alarm Clock and Temperature with
InvIoT U1 (Arduino compatible)
An Arduino alarm clock with U1 board from InvIoT.com
All the hardware you need is on the board, like Buzzer, RTC clock DS3231, rotary encoder, LCD, RGB led, and more
By editing the example included in the InvIoT library, you can change the format from 24 hour to 12 hour and the temperature from C to F.
You can do more things like add an infrared LED to switch on your bedroom TV or you radio when the alarm goes off.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1: What You Need
1. InvIoT U1 board from InvIoT.com
2. A FDTI232 USB to UART programmer or any other programmer
3. USB cable
4. latest version of arduino IDE
5. Library for U1. Download the latest library from U1 library. Online manual, more examples and help for the library can be found here.
Step 2: Step 2: Connect, Upload, Set Time
1. Connect FTDI
2. Install latest version of arduino IDE and the InvIoT library. Info on how to install can be found at InvIoT.com 'software setup'
3. On arduino IDE goto File->Examples->InvIoT->g.Applications->alarm Clock
4. Press upload
5. Setup clock time.
you can change in the code the format from 24 hour to 12 hour and the C to F
Step 3: None. (for Me)
Its up to you, to edit the example code and use any other clever way to get an alarm or to stop the alarm.
Participated in the
Circuits Contest 2016