Alexa arm, the name it self tells you that, this is a robotic arm project which can be controlled by amazon alexa echo/ echo dot. Initially i've used Raspberry pi but using raspberry pi would definitely makes the project bit expensive, so i've used nodemcu and arduino combination to make the things to happen.
So, lets see how we can do that.......
Step 1: Things You Need
3.ARM (3D printed)
4.Amazon echo / echo dot with proper internet connection
Step 2: Setting Up the Arm
Before you start, if you are beginner, please go through the below link first to know how to interface nodemcu and alexa together click here
for robotic arm 3d files click here: click here
Now lets start the coding part:
i want to clarify two things here,
- Arduino will control the arm movements as per the data received from nodemcu
- we require to let the arduino always talk to the nodemcu.
So, in simple way
speak---> alexa --->nodemcu---->arduino---->arm
Now lets see the codes of Arduino and Nodemcu
Step 3: Finally Testing Your Arm
Step 1: upload the arduino code/sketch to arduino click here
step2.upload the nodemcu code/sketch to nodemcu click here
step3. connect the
- arduino D2 to Nodemcu D5
- arduino D4 to Nodemcu D6
- arduino D6 to Nodemcu D7
- arduino GND to Nodemcu GND
- arduino 5V to Nodemcu Vin
Now its time for the Servo Arm connections
- myservo.attach(11); arduino pin 11 //gripper servo
- myservo3.attach(5); arduino pin 5 //wrist
- myservo2.attach(10); arduino pin 10 //elbow
- myservo1.attach(9); arduino pin 9 //shoulder
That's it...... Regarding the connections
If you have the patience then edit the code as you wish...