Celebrate the movie Alice Through the Looking Glass by making mixed media bottles with images of your favorite characters!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the Tutorial Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Americana Decoupage in Matte
DecoArt Metallic Lustres (in the colors you like)
Chandelier crystals and marker caps
Rhinestones, chain, charms
Ribbon and fabric strips
Step 3: Here's How (part 1)
1. Using Americana Decoupage in matte, cover a wine bottle in ripped book pages
*Always mist both sides of the paper with water to relax it first so it doesn't bubble when you decoupage
2. Print your image on book page paper and on plain paper (Images are HERE)
3. Cut the book page image about the size of a large wine label and decoupage to the bottle
4. Cut around the image on the plain paper and apply it over the book page "label"
5. Decoupage other images on the back of the bottle *I used clocks for the White Rabbit bottle
6. & 7. Hot glue lace and fabric flowers around the image to create a frame
8. 9. & 10. Using the Metallic Luster, paint the bottle and lace and when dry add strips of stick on rhinestones I started with Fab Fuchsia, added Brilliant Turquoise over it and then highlighted with Gold Rush
11. & 12. Print the Queen of Hearts image and glue it to a real playing card
Step 4: Here's How (part 2)
13. 14. & 15. Glue a chandelier crystal to an old marker cap and then wrap it in fabric and metallic gold thread to create a decorative stopper
16. Attach the charms to the chain
17. & 18. Wrap the ribbon, chain and strips of fabric around the neck of the bottle and then tie the card to the end of one of the hanging strands
Step 5: My New Favorite Paint/rub
These Metallic Lustres come in a ton of different colors AND you can either paint them on or rub them on full strength on almost any surface. You can even change the color of fabric and lace. Very cool stuff!