Intro: All Purpose: Apple and Yoghurt Filling
This is a very simple Apple and yoghurt filling I used to make it often when I was in college. I am a big foodie but wanted to eat spicy and healthy yet never had a lot of time to make anything extraordinary. This recipe can be used to make sandwiches, wraps. this can also be eaten as dip for chips or as a side for any spicy food. It tastes great every time. The only main Ingredients are Apples and plain yoghurt and you can tweak the recipe to your liking and requirement. This is any also be used to replace creme cheese. Great for those too who don't like to eat fruits (like little children :/ ).
This is my first instructable so please be kind :)
Step 1: Apple & Yoghurt Filling Instruction and Ingredients
First, assemble the following ingredients. A sharp metallic spoon to mix it all together any bigger chunks of apple can be broken with it.
- 1 Medium sized Apple chopped finely (Here is where you will need your knife skills or you can also grate it just to make sure it not a mush)
- 1/2 Quantity of yoghurt (You can add more according to the consistency required)
- Sugar or Honey to taste
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
Optional ingredients that I have used here are:
- 1 tsp of Mixed spices( containing equal amounts of ginger, garlic and onion powder, cumin powder, fenugreek seed powder; quarter amount of chilli powder )
- 1 tsp of Mustard (you can also use Tabasco )
- freshly chopped basil / parsley
You can also add Chopped black Grapes, roasted chillies or simply add a pinch of cinnamon powder.
Mix everything together in a bowl. And chill. Try not to use a metallic container.
Ta da! you can serve this as it is along side with chips or read along to make an egg sandwich...
Step 2: Egg Stuffing: Instruction and Ingredients
I make around 4 large triangular sandwiches with this:
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1/2 tsp of butter or 1 tsp of olive/ mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp of mustard (you can use Tabasco. if you are then please do not use mustard oil)
- 1/2 tsp of mixed spices (see previous page)
- 2 very small garlic crushed (optional)
- a pinch of ground black pepper
Mix all the above ingredients together. Chopping up the egg finely. It should have a clay like consistency if it is too dry add few drops of milk to it.
Step 3: Assembly:
Any kind of bread, burger bun will do.Grill one side of bread slice till golden and let the other side be a little soft.
Spread the egg evenly on the bread top it with the apple and yoghurt mix. Press down hard at the sides. Cut it diagonally in triangles and serve asap...
You can also make wraps using soft corn tortillas. Wrap the entire thing properly it becomes spill proof. great for lunch boxes.
Don't like eggs :o, try it with left over Chicken, tofu or left over glazed ham slices add some cheddar cheese. and more apple slices yumm..