Movie night? Try this delicious, flavorful almond & cinnamon sugar popcorn!
Yield: makes 4 cups of popcorn
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 cup of corn kernels (or 1 bag of microwavable popcorn)
- 1/3 cup of white, granulated sugar
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/8 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- coconut or canola oil (for cooking kernels)
Step 2: Cook Popcorn
1. Add coconut or canola oil and 3 corn kernels to a large pot. Cover, and cook over medium-high heat until all 3 kernels pop. Take the 3 kernels out of the pot, and pour the rest of the kernels into the pot.
2. Cook popcorn kernels, shaking occasionally until the popping slows down. After about 2 minutes once the popping has slowed down, remove the lid from the pot. This helps let the steam out and keeps the popcorn crisp. You can also prepare popcorn in the microwave using microwavable popcorn.
Step 3: Combine & Enjoy!
3. Combine cinnamon and sugar. Once popcorn is cooked, pour melted butter over the top, and immediately sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top as well.
4. Add almonds to popcorn. Enjoy warm as a snack for movie night!
Participated in the
Summer Food and Drink Contest