Enjoying homemade ravioli does not have to be a time consuming processes. To save time, simply substitute pre-made won-ton wrappers for pasta. Won-ton wrappers make a delicious soft, and chewy outside for any filled pasta dish. This recipe walks you through the step by step process of how to make, stuff, and cook delicious ravioli in less than 30mins in your own kitchen. Anyone can take these ten easy ingredients and make a restaurant quality diner for their family.
Serving size: 12 individual raviolis
Prep time: 20mins
Cook time: 10mins
This instructable calls for the use of hot cooking surfaces. Caution and care must be taking around hot surfaces to avoid serious injury.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Wash Hands
Proper Hand Washing Procedure
1. Run hands under warm running water
2. Apply antimicrobial soap
Work soap lather on hands for 30sec
3. Rinse hands under warm running water
4. Dry hands
Use a single use, disposable towel
Step 2: Gather All Tools and Ingredients
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Granulated garlic
- Olive oil
- Fresh or dry basil
- Fresh or dry Oregano
- Won-Ton wrappers (found in the produce section of most major retailers)
- Your favorite marinara or white sauce
- Pastry brush
- Small mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- 10"x18" non-stick cookie sheet
- Small French knife (only used for cutting fresh herbs)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
Step 3: Make Filling
- 1C ricotta cheese
- 1/2C grated parmesan cheese
- 1tsp chopped fresh oregano or 1/2tsp dried
- 2tsp chopped fresh basil or 1tsp dried
- 1/4tsp granulated garlic
- dash of salt and pepper
Add all ingredients together in a small mixing bowl, and mix with a rubber spatula until combined.
Improper use of a knife can result in serious injury.
Step 4: Fill Won-ton Shells
- Place wont-ton wrapper on cutting board
- lightly wet all edges of the won-ton wrapper with water using your fingers
- Place 1T of filling into center of wrapper
- Place a second wrapper on top of filling
- Form top wrapper to the filling *keep filling centered on bottom wrapper*
- Press edges of the two wrappers together using a fork *seal edges completely or filling will leak out*
- Place ravioli on baking sheet and baste with olive oil
Step 5: Cooking
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Place ravioli on the center rack
- Bake ravioli for 10mins until edges become golden brown
- Use hot pads to remove hot pan from oven serve immediately
Warning: Use caution around hot surfaces to avoid serious injury.
Step 6: Serve
- Arrange raviolis on a plate
- Top with your favorite red or white sauce
Warning: Consumption of alcohol in excess may lead to stupid, erratic behavior causing serious injury and/or detention.