Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Acquire Altoids Tin
Altoids can be bought at any convenient mart or grocery store. I usually have several on hand just because I enjoy them!
Step 2: Determine the Purpose of the Items
As you can see, I have changed this kit from my previous posting. While this kit is different, it's usefulness has increased. I have reduced the bulk/weight of the kit while also "expanding" it.
The purpose of the items in this kit are to allow me to relieve pain, clean and bandage small wounds, catch and prepare food, light fire, repair or build shelter, and make an emergency electrolyte replacement drink.
Step 3: Item List and Uses
1) Alcohol Prep Pad
This will help clean any small wounds.
2) 3 Fabric Bandages
These will protect small wounds from the elements.
3) 4 Tylenol Wrapped in Plastic
These will help relieve pain.
Use for sewing or releasing infection.
5) Baking Soda, Salt, and Sugar sealed inside straws
When added to 1 liter of water, these form an electrolyte replacement drink.
6) Small Fishing Kit containing a spool of string on a paper clip, 3 hooks, 2 swivels, a spinner, 2 lures and a cork.
7) 1 single edge razor blade for cutting, cleaning, and prepping food or other items...
8) 24 inches (2 ft) of gorilla tape for fastening, building, etc.
9) 6 waterproof matches with striker
10) 2 "field candles" made of cotton balls soaked in candle wax and wrapped in aluminum foil.
11) Cotton tinder sealed inside plastic straw to keep waterproof.
12) A 12 inch by 12 inch square of aluminum foil for cooking, water collection, signaling, etc.
13) The tin itself for creating char cloth or using as a small mess kit.
Step 4: Summary
This is a very useful kit as you can see!! Each Altoids survival tin should be unique! If you copy someone else's entirely it becomes fabricated and may or may not help you survive in your specific location. Add some of your own character to this kit and it is sure to be of help should you ever need it! Check out my YouTube channel Alpha & Omega Survival
School for videos on these kits and much more!
1 Person Made This Project!
georges19 made it!