Aluminum Dragon Sword

This is my first attempt at a blade...
1/4" thick aluminum blade, 17 1/4" long x 3 1/2" wide.

Etched on both sides with the same dragon image.

The sword is 23 1/4" long overall.

Laminated copper and brass cross guard and pommel, secured with solid copper rivets.

I poured pewter inside the copper grip for balance, then potted the tang to the pommel with aluminum. This surprisingly worked as it has a nice heft to it...

Made to be safe to carry at a con or Renaissance Festival.

Share

    Recommendations

    • Organization Contest

      Organization Contest
    • Sweet Treats Challenge

      Sweet Treats Challenge
    • Build a Tool Contest

      Build a Tool Contest

    9 Discussions

    0
    None
    starwarsgeek1

    4 years ago

    hey thats pretty cool dude you got my vote!!! tho it would have been better It was a instructable

    0
    None
    The Rambler

    4 years ago on Introduction

    Hey jringling, there's nothing wrong with this instructable. This site has always been pretty open to allowing the user to interpret what an instructable is to them. Don't let folks get you down and keep up the good work!

    1 reply
    0
    None
    jringlingThe Rambler

    Reply 4 years ago on Introduction

    Thanks! I've seen many similar 'instructables' t this and thought they were allowed. I never concidered commenting about the lack of step-by-step instructions...

    0
    None
    jringlingamekdala

    Reply 4 years ago on Introduction

    I just started submitting to this site last week. I tried to
    submit a photo
    only vs. a step-by-step, and I haven't figured out how to correct the
    submission. I do plan on documenting some future projects for
    step-by-step instructables...

    I am sorry for my mistake

    0
    None
    jringlingbsektnan

    Reply 4 years ago on Introduction

    I just started submitting to this site last week. I tried to submit a photo
    only vs. a step-by-step, and I haven't figured out how to correct the submission. I do plan on documenting some future projects for
    step-by-step instructables...

    I am sorry for my mistake