I can't stop making this chicken for dinner!! It is the most amazing, delicious, moist chicken I have ever tasted. It takes less than 45 minutes from start to finish, and every single person in our house LOVES it. Its so good, that I have started doubling the recipe just so I would have leftovers in my fridge the next day (because its amazing cold too!).
The best part is that it doesn't require any fancy ingredients....you probably have everything already in your kitchen. It also requires no active cooking. You put it in the oven and can walk away for 40 minutes to make a salad and set the table.
The ingredients that I use allow this recipe to be gluten free, but if you have no issues with wheat, you can use regular Saltine crackers and it will taste just as good!
Step 1: Ingredients (serves 2 People)
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I specifically use Avocado Oil mayo because its delicious!)
3/4 cup crushed gluten free Saltine cracker crumbs (I use Schar's Gluten Free crackers)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1/8 teaspoon Pepper
Step 2: Instructions
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F.
2. Cut your chicken breasts into 3-4 pieces each, depending on how large they are. Place them in a glass baking dish.
3. Drop 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise onto each piece of chicken. Use a spoon to smooth out the mayo so that each piece of chicken is nicely covered.
4. In a small bowl, use a spoon to mix your cracker crumbs with the salt, pepper, garlic and seasoned salt. Use the same spoon to gently cover your chicken with cracker crumbs. You want a nice thick layer of crackers on top.
5. Bake at 375 F for 35-45 minutes (depending on how big your chicken chunks are). The cracker topping should be crispy and golden when its done. Serve immediately.