4 Ingredient Skillet flatbread topped with crispy duck bacon, fresh figs, and creamy manchego cheese.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Amazing Flatbread Topped With Duck Bacon and Figs
Ingredients for 4 Ingredient Skillet Flatbread
- 1 cup self-rising flour plus extra for kneading and rolling out
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine the flour, yogurt. rosemary and salt in a bowl and mix together to form a ball. It will be very sticky but that is where you will need a little extra flour.
- Turn out onto a board sprinkled with flour. Knead a few minutes adding extra flour. Separate dough into 4 equal parts. As you roll out each one with a rolling pin sprinkle flour on the dough as you go along. You will need to flip the dough and add flour to the board each time you flip it.
- Use a pan that has been slightly preheated on medium-high heat.
- Lightly spray with oil and heat each side of flatbread. This should take 2-3 minutes per side. Wipe out the pan after each flatbread.
- 6 ounces duck bacon
- 8 ounces black mission figs
- 1 cup manchego shredded cheese
- 1 cup fresh kale chopped and cooked in duck bacon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.Cook duck bacon in stainless steel pan and let cool. Chop and set aside.
- Slice figs and set aside.
- Place flatbread on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle on chopped bacon, sliced figs, shredded cheese and cooked kale. Drizzle with olive and oil and bake approximately 15 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and place the cookie sheet in broiler. Cook 1-2 minutes watching closely. This will brown quickly.
- Slice and serve.