Introduction: Andhra Style Vada
In the previous instructable I showed you how to prepare Bonda as a quick snack recipe, here is one more instructable to add to the south Indian deep fry recipes.
In this instructable I'm going to show you how to prepare Marsala vada Andra style.
Step 1: Ingredients
Here is what you need to start cooking
- 1 cup of Split Bengal gram (Chana dal)
- 4 Green chili
- Coriander Leaves
- 2 Onion
- 4 small pieces of Ginger
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- Salt as needed
- 1 tea spoon of Cumin seeds
Step 2: Blending
- First, start with blending the chilies, ginger and coriander along with some cumin seeds.
- Blend until the mixture looks like the one show in the image.
Step 3: Chana Dal
- Partially blend the chana dal with the mixture from the previous step.
- Add salt while blending the quantity depends based on your preference, I use one and half tablespoon of salt
Step 4: Mixing
- Once the mixture is ready, you need to mix the mixture with cut onion.
- Later add some coriander and curry leaves and continue mixing.
Step 5: Frying
- Now you should have the paste ready.
- Heat up some oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, shape the paste from the previous step into circular disk shaped chunks and deep fry them in the oil.
- Fry the vada in oil until it turns golden brown.
Step 6: Serving
Now that your dish is completed it is serving time, you should serve the dish hot and along whit some ketchup and some mint chutney.