Introduction: Animated NotePad
How are you?
My name is Mounir.
I like to make things with paper, so I learned origami, I did post two origami instructables a while ago.
One day in 2012, someone came to me asking for a special gift to his girlfriend, he wanted something no one had it before her.
So, to create something she never seen it I had to unleash my imagination.
After a few days a nice idea just popped-up.
What if I make an Animated NotePad ^_^
I used to make my own custom NotePads, I just take A5 blank papers and print my favorite anime & mangas characters, and use a stapler to join the pages.
Combining custom NotePad idea with the first FlipBook idea will be an awesome experience.
A simple search in Google for a gif animation was enough to find the best animation for this notepad.
So, let me show you how to do it.
Step 1: What Do You Need ?
- - Sheet of papers (A5 size). Or cut A4 size in two (number of sheets depends on animation frames).
- - Sheet of heavy paper (A5 size). (for the cover).
- - Transparency Film (A5 size) to protect the NotePad (optional).
- - Pc with MS office word or any text editor that support graphics.
- - Printer (color or black)
- - Heavy duty Stapler.
Step 2: Preparing the Animation Frames
Search using Google for the GIF animation you want.
Or if you know how to draw, just do it :-)
Extract the frames using this website https://ezgif.com/split
Follow those steps (as displayed in the pictures):
- Copy the URL of the GIF and paste it, or just upload your own file from the computer
- Click on Upload
- Then, click on Split it
- Click on download Frames as zip
- Extract the frames from the Zip file (you will need Winrar or any archive application)
Step 3: Preparing the Pages
- Run Ms Office, or use any software that you are familiar with it.
- Set the page to A5 size and the margins as shown in the picture (3 cells).
- insert a table into the page.
- Type many dots to make lines.
- And keep a spot to insert the Animation frame.
- Hide the edges of the table.
- Add some shapes and patterns as you like.
- Then, copy and paste the table (make as many as the number of the frames).
- Insert the frames in every page in order. (this sample has 48 pages).
- Create the cover page.
- Now, you can print the document, and you may print more copies of the pages if you have a short animation.
Step 4: Assembling the Pages
put the pages in order, starting from first page on top, the second below it, and so on.
you can protect the cover page with a transparent plastic paper.
To assemble the pages, you will need a heavy duty stapler,
I don't have one ^_^ so I went to a copy shop, and I got served
I just used two staples on the top
that's it ^_^
I uploaded the MS word document that I've used in this instructable.
I wish you the best in making your own NotePads.
Have a good day,