Seen many times on this site, but so simple and beautiful ...
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Bill of Materials
- sheets of wood, thickness 10mm
- round mirror, diameter 42cm
- one-way film mirror
- a round glass top, diameter 47 cm
- adhesive bumpers
- table legs, 40 cm
- led strip (adafruit) https://www.adafruit.com/products/1460
- arduino uno (adafruit) https://www.adafruit.com/products/50
- a USB cable and a 5V phone charger to power the arduino
- neoprene glue
- glue gun
- electric wires
- casual tools
Step 2: The Table Design
The 3D design is available here :
Step 3: Cut the Wood
I used a CNC router, but i can be done with casual tools
- cut a 47cm diameter plain wood round
- cut 2 circles, 47 cm outer diameter and 42 cm inner (refer to the 3D design)
That's it ;-)
Step 4: Paste...
- Paste the 2 circles on the plain round plate, I used neoprene glue
- Paste the mirror inside (neoprene glue)
- Paste the led strip around (glue gun for the led strip)
Step 5: Fix the Electronics
- Make a small hole on the side of the table to let pass electric wires from the led strip
- Fix the arduino UNO under the table. I've used a 3D printed mount (https://www.tinkercad.com/things/6GCFMztirR3-arduino-uno-r2-mount). But you can also fix with a glue gun.
- For wire connections between led strip and arduino, please refer the adafruit site. It's well done and clear.
-> you will find there explanations for the led strip, how to use it, and examples for arduino
-> I didn't use the recommended capacitor
-> I power the led strip from the arduino, and not an auxiliary transformer
-> the arduino is powered with an USB cable and a +5V phone charger, it is enough
So to resume : I only need an arduino UNO, a USB cable, a phone charger and the led strip
Step 6: Fix the Table Legs
- Do you really need an explanation to do this ? lol
Step 7: The Glas Top and the One-way Mirror
This is the most expansive part of the table
- I've ordered it from a factory and it costs, arround 110 euros for a "securit" glass and 40 euros for a standard glass
- Fix the one-way mirror on it, it is tricky, not easy, follow the instructions of the box and be patient
- Fix adhesive bumpers and place the glass top on it
That's it, your table is ready to impress your friends :-) :-) :-)