This is a wonderful treat that can be enjoyed by all. If you throw some vanilla ice cream on top it tastes even better!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need
· 9x13-inch pan
· 6-8 apples
· 1 Cup of white sugar
· 1 Cup of flour
· 1 Cup of brown sugar
· 1 Cup of oatmeal
· ½ Cup of butter (melted)
· 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
Safety Warning: Please be careful while using your knives to cut the apples.
Step 2: Prep Apples
1. Grab your apples and a 9x13 inch pan (make sure to spray the pan first with some non-stick cooking spray so your apple crisp doesn’t stick to the pan).
2. To start, you will need to peel all of your apples. Then, you will cut your apples into 1/8ths. Once your apples are cut into 1/8ths you can start to slice them smaller. They should be about a centimeter thick, and should look something like this:
Lay the slices evenly in the pan as you go. Once you are done slicing up your apples, your pan should be just about full.
3. Next, you will need one cup of white sugar. Sprinkle the sugar over the apple slices and try to get the sugar on all or most of the slices.
Step 3: Topping
1. Now is when you should pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. After pre-heating the oven, you can start to make the topping. You will need: ½ cup of melted butter (one stick of butter equals ½ cup), 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of flour, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
3. Mix all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. You can start by dumping in the melted butter, then add the oatmeal, brown sugar, and flour.
4. Mix all those ingredients together until it looks something like this: (First Image)
5. Lastly, sprinkle the topping over all the apple slices, and now it will be ready to put in the oven. At this point it should look like this: (Second Image)
Step 4: Put in Oven
1. Now you can put the apple crisp in the oven for 45-50 minutes. While it is in the oven, this is a good time to clean up the mess that was made. Once the 45-50 minutes is up take it out of the oven and your apple crisp will be all done. Make sure to let it cool for at least 10 minutes because it will be very hot.
Step 5: Enjoy!
1. Grab some of the apple crisp, throw a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and eat up.
1 Person Made This Project!
RayP24 made it!