Serves: 2 ⎟CookTime: 5 - 7 minutes
This snack is a triple threat: It's easy, it's quick and it's delicious.
2 - 3 cups dehydrated apples, or apple chips
2 ounces (about 1 cup) cheddar cheese
1/2 cup walnuts
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 - 2 tablespoons sugar (recommended: brown sugar)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prep the Ingredients.
- Grate the cheese.
- Chop walnuts into small pieces.
Step 2: Arrange the Nachos.
- Lay out apple chips on a baking sheet or heat-proof plate.
- Top with walnuts, cranberries, sugar, and cinnamon (if using).
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Step 3: Melt the Cheese.
- Broil in the oven or heat in the microwave, checking occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese before serving.
Step 4: Variations
** Customize this recipe to your taste! Add hot sauce, granola, yogurt--the sky’s the limit! You can even use real apples. **
1. Bacon, Blue Cheese + Pecan
2. Tuna Melt
3. Turkey + Brie
4. Four Cheese: cheddar, gouda, Gruyère + Swiss
Third Prize in the
Snacks Contest 2017