Introduction: Apple Pie Apple Cookie
Delicious apple pie flavored cookies, with the iconic Apple logo appearance.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingrediants
3 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking power
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 Granny Smith apple
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon melted butter
Step 2: Hardware
Step 3: Step One: Flour Concoction
Mix the flour, baking soda and salt and cinnamon. Set Aside.
Step 4: Liquid Base
Mix the sugar and soft butter together, until a light color. Then add egg and milk, mix till combined.
Step 5: Mixing Dries and Liquids
Add 1/4 a cup of the flour mixture at a time to the wet butter compound until all the flour is consistently incorporated.
Step 6: Making the Apple Pie Filling
Cut the Granny Smith apple into 1/2 cm cubes, or minced. Mix in 3/4 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Mix in with the cookie dough.
Step 7: Dying the Dough
Divide the dough into roughly 6 equal parts, with slightly more in one (for the additional green leaf). Dye the six parts to their respective colors:
Orange (Yellow + Red)
Purple (Red + Blue)
Let Chill in the Fridge.
Step 8: Creating the Apple Template
1. Print our Apple logo to the desired cookie size.
2. Cut the picture out and tape the leap to the top of the apple.
3. Outline on cardboard.
4. Cut out with an exacto knife.
Step 9: Creating the Cookie
1. Put powder sugar down on the work surface.
2. Roll to approximately 1/4 inch thick.
3. Measure the thickness of the stripes on your template, and uses this for the thickness of each stripe.
4. Cut the stripes using a pizza cutter.
5. Put on a buttered cookie sheet (buttered optional), and layer in the following order:
a. Green (make the stripe extra long to account for the leaf)
5. Cut out using the template.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 to 9 minutes.
Step 10: Enjoy!
Participated in the