If you're a lover of apples and swans, or maybe you're having a party and want some interesting snacks to wow your guests, or even just want to have a bit of fun with your food before eating it, then this is the Instructable for you!
Tip: This swan works best with fully red apples, which gives the swan a brighter appearance, and distinguishes the inside of the apple from the outside much more.
If you like this Instructables, please comment on your thoughts and opinions, and subscribe to be notified when I post new stuff! Also, if you think this deserves to win something, be sure to hit the vote button in the top right hand corner of the screen! Thanks.
Step 1: The Body
- Cut off a small slice halfway between the edge of the apple and the center line.
- Cut again just to the side of the stalk
- This is what you should now have!
Moving on to the wings!
Step 2: The Wings
- Cut a right-angled wedge out of 1 side of the apple half, making sure to leave a gap in the middle.
- This is what the finished cut should look like
- Take the wedge and cut it 2 more times along the dotted lines shown (view the next picture to see what each cut should end up like)
- This is pictures of cut 1 and 2
- When all of the cuts have been made, slide each wedge about a centimeter and place the wedge back onto the body. It should look something like this.
- Repeat steps [1-4] on the other side of the apple to create the second wing
- Place both wings onto the body, it should look something like this.
Now onto the head!
Step 3: The Head
NOTE: You may want to remove the wings for now to make this step easier.
- Grab this piece of apple that you cut off in the first step
- Cut it like shown in the picture of the left, then again to make the picture of the right
- Cut a small rectangular hole the size of the swan's neck in the gap on the body
- Insert the neck into the hole
- If you did it correctly it should stay right there
- Add the wings back onto the body if necessary
Step 4: Completed!
Congratulations, you just made a quick and easy swan, from just an apple!
If you enjoyed this instuctable, please comment and subscribe for more! Thanks.
Runner Up in the
Play With Your Food Contest