Introduction: Apple Upside Down Cake
Apple upside down cake is a delicious dessert which is perfect for any party and gatherings.
1/4 cup butter(50g)
7 tbsp sugar
1tbsp ground cinnamom
pinch of lemon juice
For cake preparation:
1/3 cup butter(75g)
10g vanilla sugar
sour cream or cream cheese
11 tbsp All purpose flour
2 tbsp baking powder
Finely peeled and sliced almonds
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Method of Preparation:
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease the cake pan with butter and flour
- Take 3 apples. peel the apple, remove the core and cut the apple in to thin slices as shown in the pictures.
- pour a pinch of lime juice on the sliced apples and keep aside.
preparation of sauce:
-Take a vessel and add 1/4 cup ( 50g ) butter.
- when the butter melts add 5 tbsp sugar.
-when sugar melts and the color changes to light brown immediately pour the mixture on to the greased pan.
- Now arrange the sliced apples on the greased pan so that the pan is coverd completely with apples. sprinkle little sugar and add 1tbsp butter slices on it.
- Now place the pan in oven at 180 degrees for about 6 minutes until we prepare cake batter.
Step 2: Preparation of Cake Batter:
-sieve All purpose flour and baking powder and keep aside in a bowl.
- Take 2 eggs and seperate egg white and yolk.
-In another bowl cream together sugar and butter until they are mixed properly.
- Now beat by adding egg yolk, vanilla sugar,sour cream or cream cheese. Now add flour mixture to it and mix well.
- whip egg whites seperately and add to this mixture and give a mix once again.
- Finally add almonds,raisins and mix well.
-Take the apples from oven. Add ground cinnamom to it.
- pour the batter on the apples and bake for 25-30 mins at 180 degrees until cake turns light brown in colour.when u insert tooth pick it should come out clear which means cake is ready.
- Now remove the baked cake from oven and set aside for 5 minutes.
- I have given the name upside down cake because when u remove the cake from oven the upper portion is clear and when u invert it u can see caramalised apple topping.
- this cake can be served as it is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.