People are always going to age but technology will always be advancing so lets use the advancing technology to fight against aging bodies! This tutorial will show you how to make a fall-detector that will alert an E-Mail if you or someone else falls!
Step 1: Parts
Arduino 101 & Genuino 101 ×1
9V battery (generic) ×1
9V Battery Clip ×1
Software apps and online services:
Hand tools and fabrication machines:
Soldering iron (generic)
Step 2: Step 1: Program the Arduino 101
Download from my site or check it out below
Step 3: Step 2: Solder the Battery Plug
Step 4: Mount the Battery
I used hot glue to hold the battery on.
Step 5: Setup Blynk App (Android Only As of 1/16/17)
- Make a BLE Widget
- Make a Web Request Widget with this URL: (change the bold fields) [V0]
Step 6: Connect BLE and Test
Connect your device and drop it (not to far up) and see if you get a E-Mail, it could take up to 5 minutes depending on your E-Mail server.
Step 7: Troubleshooting
- No Email? Check the URL make sure everything is correct!
- No Email? Check to make sure its sensing by connecting the usb cord
- Not Sensing? Change the sensitivity
- Not connecting? Restart your phones bluetooth and un-pair the Arduino
- Anything Else? Let me know in the comments