FreaksCar is a robotic development platform, completely open source, new affordable, easy to use, and fun intro to programming, electronics, and robotics. It is geared towards kids of elementary-age and above, educators looking for an easy intro to robotics, parents eager to find something affordable but educational and fun, DIY enthusiasts, and more.
You can follow the FreaksCar with Education for Arduino lessons such as:
- Learning to program your robotics with Arduino
- Calibrating the robot’s continuous rotation stepper motors
- Using phototransistors to navigate by light
- Using non-contact infrared sensors to control
- Using app controlled FreaksCar via Bluetooth 4.0
- Using ultrasonic sensor to avoid objects
- Using buzzer on FreaksCar to sing a song
- Using encoder to control the speed
- Using FreaksCar as development platform for more application scenarios based on its wood construction
This Article will show you how to assemble such a car using laser-cut wood, board, many sensors, wheels, screws etc.. If you want to check out at the FreaksCar, visit here.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Wheel, Universal Wheel and Ultrasonic Module
Install the two universal wheels on the PCB; fix the wheels through the motor shaft; plug in the ultrasonic module as shown.
Step 2: Board A
Secure the wood chip board A onto the PCB by using the screws and nuts.
Step 3: Battery Case
Secure the battery box on the PCB by using the screws and nuts.
Step 4: Board B
Install the wood chip board B to the construction from the board A slot; then put in the m3 nuts in board B; secure them.
Step 5: Board C
Install the wood chip board C onto board A likewise; and secure with the screws and nuts.
Step 6: Board D
Install the wood chip board D as shown and secure with screws and nuts. Note that the square hole on the board D should be closer to the board C.
Step 7: Board E
Install the wood chip board E as shown and secure with screws and nuts.
Step 8: Complete
Fold the board E to make it completely fit the jagged edges with the board B and C till it is constructed successfully.