Hello, in this project, we'll show you how to build a bluetooth controlled Arduino pontoon boat using only water bottles, an Arduino Uno, and a few other components.
It uses the BlueArd app developed by RuiSantos and is a fork of his instructable project (https://www.instructables.com/id/Control-DC-Motors)
Step 1: Materials Needed
Before you begin, make sure you have the following items:
- 2x 500ml Plastic Water Bottle (Any brand)
- 1x Arduino Uno
- 1x HC-05/06 Bluetooth Module
- 1x Android Smartphone w/ BlueArd Application installed (download below)
- 1x L293D IC
- 2x DC motor
- 1x Breadboard
- Jumper Cables
- 3D Printer and Filament or a plastic box
- Hot glue Gun
- Soddering Iron
- Premade props, or a Small amount of Plexiglass for propellers
- Plastic Rods (for motor shafts)
Step 2: Breadboard Assembly
Use this schematic to assemble your breadboard.
Step 3: Enclosure Assembly
If you do not have a plastic box, then print one out with a 3D printer that will fit all of the arduino components.
After you have done that first attach your propellors and motor shafts to the DC motors using a soldering iron.
Then place your breadboard assembly inside the plastic box and attach the motors to the back of the box using hot glue/duct tape.
Attach the bottles to the sides of the plastic box using duct tape.
Step 4: Final Product
Install it on your arduino and you're good to go!