Generally we use arduino serial monitor to see our desired value driven by arduino.
We can use it as a command input as well. Here in this project i'll show you how it can be done.
- 7 segment led
- Arduino UNO
- Jumper wire
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Connect the 7- Segment Display
- Connect the seven segment display with following arduino board pins:
- Connect "a" to digiatal pin 2 of your Arduino board.
- Connect "b" to digiatal pin 3 of your Arduino board.
- Connect "c" to digiatal pin 4 of your Arduino board.
- Connect "d" to digiatal pin 5 of your Arduino board.
- Connect "e" to digiatal pin 6 of your Arduino board.
- Connect "f" to digiatal pin 7of your Arduino board.
- Connect "g" to digiatal pin 8 of your Arduino board.
- Connect "h" to digiatal pin 9 of your Arduino board.
Step 2: Upload the Code
Upload the code to your Arduino board using arduino IDE.
Step 3: Open Serial Monitor and Press Number
Now it is ready for serial communication.
Open the serial monitor from top-right corner of arduino IDE.
Press any number from your computer and same will be displayed on seven segment display.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017