Hello everyone! In this instructable I will show you how I made this arduino based walking robot. If you like this project please vote for it in the robotics contest.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1_Materials
These are the materials you will need to complete this project.
- 3D printed parts or other solid objects like wood, metal, plastic, or stiff cardboard for the legs
- 4 micro servo motors
- A arduino uno
- A small Breadboard
- A small speaker (I got mine out of a baby toy)
- Electrical tape
- Hot glue and hot glue gun
- A 9v battery
Step 2: Step 2_Assembly
Look at the picture because each step is indicated somewhere in the image.
1. Hot glue the feet to the bottom halve of legs.
2. Hot glue 2 micro servos to the top part of the legs (hip).
3. Attach the micro servos to the parts of the legs that they will control. I hot glued mine but I would suggest doing something different because hot glue isn't always the strongest thing.
4. Hot glue the other two micro servos to the legs. (I had to add a lego piece too because of the spacing.)
5. Either Tape or glue the arduino and breadboard to the top of the robot.
Step 3: Step 3_Wiring
The schematic might be a little confusing, but all you have to do is connect all of the ground wires together, all of the 5v wires together, and the correct wires from the micro servo to the correct arduino pins.
Step 4: Step 4_The Code
You can download the code I made bellow, its a little messy but you can easily modify it if you would like.
I hope you like the project, and if you do remember to vote for it in the contest ;)
Participated in the
Robotics Contest 2017