Introduction: Arduino: the Chakra Scanner
With the chakra scanner you can scan your chakra by the pressure of your hand.
The chakra scanner consists of 4 global parts: The Chakra Doll, The Plate of Gold, The Box of Pandora and The Connector.
Step 1: Materials
The materials you need for this project:
- Arduino Uno
- Arduino Uno USB-cable
- Pressure Sensor
- x46 male-female wires
- x17 male-male wires
- Resistor 220 ohm
- Resistor 7600 ohm
- Pc or laptop
- Block of wood
- Bubble plastic
- 1x of each LED White, Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red
Step 2: The Box of Pandora
For The Box of Pandora take out your carton, tape and Stanley knife.
1. Cut out of the carton:
- one rectangle of 13cm by 16cm
- two rectangles of 13cm by 10cm
- two rectangles of 16cm by 10cm
2.1 Take the rectangle of 13cm by 16cm and place the rectangle of 13cm by 10cm on the edge of 13cm.
2.2. Take a peace of tape and connect these two together.
2.3. Take the other rectangle of 13cm by 10cm and lay this on the opposite side of the 13cm by 16cm rectangle And tape these two also together.
3. Take the left over rectangles and tape on the left over sides of the 13cm by 16cm rectangle, just like in step 2.
4. Pull the sides up so you get a box.
5. Tape the whole outside of the box so it fits.
Within The Box of Pandora there is the Arduino Uno.
6. Take your Arduino Uno and your laptop.
7. Download on your laptop the Arduino Software.
8. Download the ArduinoChakras.ino file, available in this Instructable.
9. Open the ArduinoChakras.ino file.
10. Connect your Arduino to your Computer with the Arduino USB-cable.
11. In the Arduino Software go to Tools > Port > Arduino Uno. To ensure the program recognizes the Arduino.
12. Press on the arrow to Upload the code to your Arduino.
Now your Arduino is correctly programmed you have to connect the pins, therefor you need all of the listed cables, breadboard, pressure sensor and LED's.
13. Take a look at the Breadboard Image above.
14. Take x7 male to male wires and put them like this:
Arduino 13 to Breadboard 5f
Arduino 12 to Breadboard 9f
Arduino 11 to Breadboard 13f
Arduino 10 to Breadboard 17f
Arduino 9 to Breadboard 20f
Arduino 8 to Breadboard 24f
Arduino 7 to Breadboard 28f
15. Take 42 Male to Female wires and connect them as pairs of 3.
16. Connect each LED with a pair Male to Female wire, remember the positive and the negative side.
17. Take the positive male end of the pair of cable and connect them like this to the Breadboard:
White LED: 5g
Purple LED: 9g
Blue LED: 13g
Green LED: 17g
Yellow LED: 20g
Orange LED: 24g
Red LED: 28g
18. Take the negative male end of the pair of cable and connect them like this to the Breadboard:
White LED: 4h
Purple LED: 8h
Blue LED: 12h
Green LED: 16h
Yellow LED: 19h
Orange LED: 23h
Red LED: 27h
19. Now we have to set these LED's in a parallel circuit, Take 8 Male to Male wires and connect them like this on the Breadboard:
27i to 23j
23i to 19j
19i to 16j
16i to 12j
12i to 8j
8i to 4j
4i to 1i
1g to 1c
20. Take your 220ohm resistor and connect its pins to Breadboard 1a and in the -.
21. Take a Male to Male pin and connect it to Arduino GND to Breadboard - (the same - row as in step 20.).
22. Take another Male to Male pin and connect it to Arduino 5V to Breadboard +.
23. Take another Male to Male pin and connect it to Arduino A0 to Breadboard 24e.
24. Take your 7600ohm resistor and connect its pins to Breadboard 24a and in the + (the same + row as in step 22).
25. Take another Male to Male pin and connect it to Breadboard 22a to Breadboard - (the same - row as in step 20).
26. Take 4 Male to Female wires and make pairs of 2.
27. Connect each pair of 2 to your pressure sensor, remember left and right.
28. Put the Male pin of the Male to Female wires like this:
Left: Breadboard 24d
Right: Breadboard 22c
END OF THE BOX OF PANDORA
Step 3: The Chakra Doll
The Chakra Doll is the visualization of your chakras.
1. Take your blok of wood.
2. Carve out a human like doll out of the wood.
3. Make 7 holes in the wood from up to down. Keep in mind that your LED's will fit in them.
4. from up to bottom put the LED's in this order in the holes: White, Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red.
5. Tyrap all the cables from behind.
END OF THE CHAKRA DOLL.
Step 4: The Connector
The Connector consists of carton, tape, bubble plastic and a pressure sensor.
1. Cut out of carton:
- A rectangle of 13cm by 10cm
- A rectangle of 13cm by 16cm
2. Cover both carton rectangle with tape.
3. Take the rectangle of 13cm by 10cm and place the pressure sensor on top with the wires up.
4. Cover the rectangle of 13cm by 10cp with bubble plastic which the pressure sensor is under near.
5. Hold the bubble plastic in place by a lint of tape.
6. Place on top the rectangle of 13cm of 16cm.
7. Hold the rectangle of 13cm by 16cm in place with a lint of tape.
Step 5: The Plate of Gold
The Plate of Gold tells you the meaning of your chakra.
1. Download Plate of Gold.docx
2. The description is written in Dutch, you can use google translate to translate it to you desired language.
3. Print out the document on paper.
4. Cut out each color with description.
5. glue each color with description on your decorative plate.