Hello world! Today i made a Android APP to control 8 relays with arduino using the HC-06 Bluetooth module.
The video just shows 2, but i changed the app!
You can control 8 lights or devices with it.
Just contact me for the open source code of the APP.
DOWNLOAD THE APP ONGOOGLE PLAY! (english version only)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Schematic Code App & Parts List
Just simply wire everything up like the schematic and upload the code.
(NOTE: the schematic show the relays connected to 3.3v
these should be connected to 5v, Only the HC-06 needs to be connected to 3.3v)
Also make sure not to have the bluetooth connected when uploading the code!
- Arduino Uno, I used the RobotDyn uno a very good copy with 7 analog pins.
- 2 x 1 channel Relay KY-019 (You can add more if you buy the open source app)
- HC-06 Bluetooth Module.
- Jumper wires set MM/FF/MF
- Power cables + lamp sockets (optional, you can add any device instead of lamps)
(Check step 2 for instructions on how to rename your HC-06, This is optional!)
Step 2: How to Change the Name of Your HC-06
What is needed?
1 x USB to TTL microcontroller programmer to connect to your HC-06
How to connect the Programmer?
VCC to VCC
GND to GND
RXD to TX
TXD to RX
Lets get started...
- connect the USB TTL programmer to the HC-06
- Plug in the USB and open up The Arduino IDE
- Open the serial monitor.
- Type "AT" without quotes. You should see a respond in the Serial monitor saying "OK"
- Type "AT+NAMExyz" Sets the module name to “xyz” (Replace xyz with the name you want.) response should be OKsetname.
- Type "AT+PIN1234" Set the pin to 1234 (replace 1234 with your desired pin) respond should be OKsetPIN For more info on changing baudrate etc. i included a PDF file. Good luck!