HOW TO MAKE AN
While growing up, my grandma always told me the best thing about Arkansas is the mud-pies. That in fact is the truest statement I’ve heard especially considering this dessert. I am now going to show you how to make your very own mud pie
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
-1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 10 tbs melted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans[DE2]
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 (8 oz) containers of cool whip
- 1 (5.1 oz ) package of vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (5.9 oz) package of chocolate fudge instant pudding
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 ¼ cups of grated semi-sweet chocolate bar
Now that we have listed all our ingredients, LETS GET TO COOKING!!!!
Step 2: Step 2
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees- coat a 13in by 9 in baking dish with non stick cooking spray
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, melted butter, and chopped nuts until well combined and crumbly
Press into a prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden brown around the edges- set aside to let cool
Step 3: Step 3
3. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract. Fold in one container of cool whip and stir to combine. Spread over cooled crust.
4. In a clean bowl, whisk both the vanilla and chocolate pudding mix with 3 cups cold milk. Whisk together until smooth and thick and spread over cream cheese layer. Spread remaining container of cool whip over the top.
Step 4: Final Step
5. Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours- or over night. Garnish with grated chocolate.
Step 5: The End
This recipe contains nuts! If you have a nut allergy you may omit the pecans and proceed with the same instructions*
Now that you have learned to make your very own Arkansas Mud- Pie, I hope you enjoy them as much as me and my grandma! Thank you!