Most people think of art as a painting, or sculpture, or anything you make. To me, art is a way of doing something that makes it beautiful, or cool. So, i decided to show you guys what exactly art is. This is kind of a mini lesson.
Dictionary Definition- The class of objects subject to aesthetic criteria; works of art collectively, as paintings, sculptures, or drawings: a museum of art; an art collection.
Step 1: The Seven Elements- Line
The seven elements of art are the seven components that make up what we know as art. Here is the first one.
-Line can represent emotion.
-There are two general types of line. They are stated and not stated. Stated is physically drawn, painted, or made. Unstated is not drawn, but implied.
-There is horizontal, vertical, diagonal, curved, and zig-zag.
- Horizontal line can represent calmness.
-Vertical line represents strength.
-Diagonal line represents movement.
-Curved line represents gracefulness.
- Zig-zag represents excitement.
Step 2: Shape
-Shape is 2D (flat)
-There are two types of shape. They are geometric and free form.
- Geometric shapes are basic. They include squares, triangles, circles, and rectangles.
- Free form shapes are any type of unusual shape that is not basic. These include clouds, flowers, or anything really.
Step 3: Form
-Form is 3D
- There are two types of form. They are geometric and free form.
- Yes, form is the same in shape, its just 3D.
Step 4: Space
-Space is exactly what you think- the amount of matter an object takes up.
-A doughnut is a good example because it takes up both space and implied space.
Step 5: Color
-I should hope that everyone knows what color is.
- There are many colors.
- Contrasting colors are colors that are straight across from each other on the color wheel. These usually go well with eachother.
- The primary colors are red,yellow, and blue.
-There are warm and cool colors.
-Warm colors include reds, oranges, yellows, and purples.
-Cool colors include blues, greens, and purples.
- Neutral colors are usually browns.
Step 6: Value
-Value is the light or dark amount of a color.
- Lighter colors stand for calm or sad.
-Darker colors stand for excitement, or anger.
- Another word for value is hue.
-Value is usually in black, gray, or white.
Step 7: Texture
-Texture is what a surface appears to feel like.
-Texture can be on anything.
- Here is a good example of texture.
(sorry i don't have much to say about it)
Step 8: Done!
I hope you enjoyed! Now go use what you learned!