Simple, yet effective way to use old textbooks in order to create a frame for artwork made by ArtBots.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
Preferably cut to size desired
2. Old textbook
3. Scissors -Note: Be careful with the scissors when cutting.
4. Scotch Tape
- Choose an old text book
- Lay flat on table
- Ensure there are no pages underneath the cover
- Use scissors and cut as close to the binding as possible.
- Do not worry about how straight the cut is, there can be adjustments made.
- Outline artwork on the back of the textbook cover
- Ensure you do not accidentally mark the artwork
- Make an incision in the middle of the cover with the scissors.
- Carefully cut along the outline previously made.
- This should leave you with a hollow frame where your artwork will be displayed.
- Place artwork under the frame
- Trim any excess art left over on the edges.
- Roll scotch tape so that it is in a circle, and both sides are sticky
- Place on the back of the frame, where the artwork and the frame meet
- Place as many pieces are necessary in order for the artwork to be secure
- Voila! A frame for the Artbot Artwork!