Intro: Astable Multivibrator Using 555 Timer
The Astable Multivibrator is another type of cross-coupled switching circuit that has NO stable output states as it changes from one state to the other all the time.
Astable Multivibrator using 555Timer is very simple, easy to design, very stable and low cost. It can be used for timing from microseconds to hours. Due to these reasons 555 has a large number of applications and it is a popular IC among electronics hobbyists.
For more info , visit :
Step 1: Things Required :
- Timer IC : NE555
- Resistance: 10k--2 pieces , 1k --1 piece
- Capacitor : polar -- 10uF and 100uF ; non-polar(ceramic) --0.1uF(2 pieces)
- USB power supply
Step 2: Making Your Own Board
- Draw the Schematic and generate Board file using Eagle-cadsoft software.
- Take out a print of board file on a photo-paper.
- Cut the required size of PCB.
- Iron the printed part on the PCB gently for 2 min.
- Wash it in water by removing the photo paper evenly.
- Dip the PCB in a concentrated solution of FeCl3(ferric chloride).
- wait for approx 30-40 min.
- Take out the PCB and wash it using any dishwasher.
- drill the PCB and solder the components.
- spray a layer of acrylic spray to prevent copper from oxidation.
Step 3: Final Steps..
- plug in the power supply and put on the jumper.
- check out the LED frequency using a multi-meter.
- put on the stands to PCB.
- Yeah! its done... Simple and easy