This is part of my second instructable for repairing printing press. https://www.instructables.com/id/Repairing-SCHULZE...
Reason for creation this instructable - I spend a few days to find right way for programming atmega8 with Arduino IDE. I can’t find Useful manual how to do this.
What hardware we need:
1. ATMEGA 8\xxx
What software we need
1. Arduino IDE 1.06!!!! https://www.arduino.cc/download_handler.php?f=/ar...
2. AVRDUDE_PROG http://yourdevice.net/downloads/avrdudeprog33.rar... or check attached zip with avrdude
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoToBreadb... check image on left-bottom side this will be your USBASP connection.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Arduino Side
Tools=>Boards=>Arduino ng xxxxxx
2. (pic2) On Arduino IDE - load your sketch and pres check-button
3. (pic3) when checking completed without errors go to c:\users\_your_user_name\local\temp\build xxxx
(Locate folder like buildxxxxxxxxx newest one)
On this folder locate file with HEX extension. This will be your compiled and ready to upload program
Check next step
Step 2: Upload Your Scetch to Atmega8
Download program from intro-step,
unzip and run it
1. Select your language
2. Select your MCU
3. Connect your MCU and click this button. If connection will be established - you’ll get message in HEX field
4. IMPORTANT!!!! Check this field for your FUSE. If you don’t know what it is FUSE - just check this checkbox.
1. Pres this button and locate your file
2. Press program button and you HEX sketch will be uploaded to MCU. IF any error will occur - you'll get message
3. After successful upload - check Verify button
1. Fuse calculator http://www.engbedded.com/fusecalc/