In this instructable I will show you how to make an atomic bomb model from very simple components. In this bomb model you will reuse and recycle many materials that you may throw it, so you can benefit from it.
Step 1: How It Works
After putting the switch keys in the atomic bomb, the bomb is thrown , when it reaches a specific height the barometric sensors catch that signal and initiate sparks in conventional explosives( TNT) which propel the sub critical mass of uranium 235 into another sub critical mass of uranium 235 that contains in its core a neutron intiator , when the two masses are together they are called critical mass .neutron core intiates the chain reaction of nuclear fission of uranium 235 and the bomb is exploded resulting a big amount of energy and gives electromagnetic radiation.
Step 2: Components and Materials
- plastic gallon
- spray paint
- glue gun and glue
- wooden sticks
- pvc tube
- cartoon tube
Step 3: Cut the Gallon
- By using a blade, cut the gallon in half.
Step 4: Paint It
- Paint the gallon using a spray.
Step 5: Take Off the Handle
- Take off the handle of the gallon.
Step 6: Painting
- After painting the gallon, paint the small pvc tube.
Step 7: Designing
- Cut from a paper the proper letters that you need, here it is TNT.
- Glue the letters on the TNT (pvc) cylinder.
Step 8: Gluing
- Glue the TNT cylinder to the top side of the gallon.
- Glue the green pvc tube in side the gallon through it's center.
- Glue the cartoon cylinder at the other side of the gallon.
Step 9: Glue the Pvc Cylinder
- Add TNT pvc cylinder to the upper part of the gallon.
Step 10: Add the Sub Critical Mass Model
- Add an cartoon cylinder to the bottom of the gallon.
- Type on it the needed information (U-235 sub critical mass)
Step 11: Add the Pvc Tube
- Glue the pvc tube after putting it in the middle of the bomb structure.
- This tube is the uranium barrel that should pass through it.
Step 12: Labeling
- Label the tube from the TNT side .
- Write uranium sub critical mass and it's symbol.
Step 13: Building the Rear Part
- Cut four card boards into equal rectangles.
- Join the four cards together using a glue gun.
Step 14: Add the Wooden Sticks
- Cut four equal wooden sticks to support the rear part.
- Glue the sticks to terminals of the rear part (rectangle).
Step 15: Paint the Rear Part
Step 16: Adding Wires
- Collect many colors of electric wires that gives it the real view.
- Glue the wires randomly inside the structure
Step 17: Form the Barometric Sensors
- Cut two small cartoon cards.
- Cut four small wooden sticks.
Step 18: Glue the Barometric Sensors
Glue them at the center of the model.
Step 19: Add the Rear Part
- Add the rear part to the whole structure.
- Add it using glue gun and scotch.