This is an automatic clothes folding machine. The followings are the steps to create it.
Supplies (outward appearance):
- 2-3 big cardboard
- A glue gun
- Double sided tape
- 1 hard cardboard
- 14 wires
- 1k resistance
- 3 servo motor
- 2 9x9 aluminum sheet
- 1 Arduino Leonardo board
Step 1: Program
Copy the attached program, use it to create your automatic clothes folding machine. The information you need is written in the attached program.
Step 2: Circuit
Follow the circuit above
- Connect the servo motors on to the Arduino board
- Connect the button with the 1k resistance (the resistance I use is the blue one, the picture above show the yellow one because the program only have this type of resistance) on to the Arduino board
Step 3: Cut the Cardboard- the Folding Board
This cardboard is for the folding board.
- Cut the cardboard into a rectangle / The size of the folding board: Width: 78cm / Length: 54
- Divide the cardboard into 4 parts / left&right - width: 22.5cm length:54 / up&down: width: 24.5 length:54
- Note: follow the red lines and cut the board
Step 4: Cut the Cardboard / Hard Cardboard
The needed cardboard in this step is for the base of the folding machine
- Cut the cardboard into a rectangle / The size of the base: Width: 78cm / Length: 54
- Cut the cardboard into four thinner rectangles /
- Width for all four sides: 4cm
- Length is the same as the length and width that the base cardboard has
- Stick (with a glue gun) the four thinner cardboards around the base
- Cut the hard cardboard into three pieces / The size of the three hard cardboard: length: 7cm / Width: 4cm
- Stick (with a glue gun) the three hard cardboards at the center at the base. The distance between the left and right hard cardboard is 24cm
Step 5: Cut the Aluminum Sheet
- Cut the aluminum sheet into 6 pieces - the size of the 6 aluminum sheets: length: 10cm / width: 1.8cm
- stick two pieces of the aluminum sheets together
- Note: You'll have a total of 3 long aluminum sheets
- Cut three small pieces of cardboard ( the length should not be longer than the sides of the base)
Step 6: Stick the Aluminum Sheet on to Servo Motor
- Stick the aluminum sheet on to the circular platform on the servo motor.
- Note: make sure to stick your aluminum sheet on the right place so that it won't get stuck while it starts spinning
Step 7: Stick the Servo Motor on the Hard Cardboard
- Stick the small cardboard on the hard cardboard
- Note: leave half of the cardboard above the hard cardboard so that later on the servo motor can be stick on it
- Stick half of the servo motor on the hard cardboard and stick the other half on the small cardboard
- NOTE: repeat all steps above three times (because there are three servo motor)
Step 8: Stick All Three Servo Motor
- Stick all three servo motor on the hard cardboard respectively on the left, right, and bottom of the hard cardboard
- Place the Arduino board below the servo motors ( the middle lower part of the base)
Step 9: Stick the Button
- Cut a circular hole on the cardboard that fits the size of the button.
- squeeze the hot melt adhesive around the cutted circular shape and place the circular part of the button on it.
- Note: insert the button from the inside of the base and then stick on the cut circular shape
Step 10: A Hole for the USB Line
Cut a hole for the USB line so that it can be pulled out of the machine and connect to the power source
Step 11: Place Cardboard on the Hardboard
- cut a rectangle cardboard that fits the size of the rectangle that the hard cardboard form.
- cut two smaller rectangle cardboard that fit the width of the shape that the hard cardboard form.
- stick two smaller rectangle cardboards in the top and bottom of the shape that the hard cardboard form.
- stick (use double-sided tape) the rectangle cardboard on top of the shape that the hard cardboard form.
Step 12: Place the Folding Board on the Base
Place the folding board on the base - Stick the top middle piece of the folding board on the rectangle cardboard that you cut on the previous step.