Hello, everyone!!! Summer project again.
Working during hot day is nightmare, especially when your seat is too hot. This project will solve this problem.
Cooling chair keeps you cool with 3 blowers which will turn off automatically when you are out of the seat. So you don't have to worry about forgetting to turn it off.
Step 1: Materials
- 2x 10K ohm resistors
- 1x MOSFET IRF540N
- 1x 2N3906 PNP Transistor
- 1x IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module
- 1x Micro B USB Breakout Board
- 90 degree Pin Header
- 1x 6Pin Push Tactile Power Micro Switch Self lock On/Off button Latching switch 7x7mm
- 3x Dupont wire F-F
- 3x Brushless DC Cooling Blower Fan 2 Wires 5015S 12V 0.14A 50x15mm
- 1x SKÅLBERG chair from IKEA
- 1x M3 x 10 mm screw
- 2x M3 x 15 mm screws
- 3D Printed Parts
Basic tools such as screwdrivers, drill, utility knife, etc. Soldering tools
Step 2: Prepare Perfboard
- Cut out a piece of 14*20 dots from perfboard.
- Drill two 7/64" holes. (see the positions of the holes in the pictures)
An easy way to cut the perfboard is to score both sides with utility knife and snap it.
Step 3: Prepare Components
- Cut out 1 piece of 1x3 pin and 3 pieces of 1x2 pin
- Bend IR Emitter LED and IR Receiver in to 90° angles.
Step 4: The Circuit
Put and solder all components on the perfboard. (see more details in pictures)
You can use components' legs as wires.
The graphic pictures are not exactly 100% accurate, so please also see the actual pictures.
Step 5: Adjust Detection Distance
- Connect IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module to power source without connect OUT pin.
- Turn distance adjust knob (CCW decreases distance, CW increases distance) until obstacle LED bright when obstacle is detected at the right distance (for me about 2-3 cm)
Step 6: Put Circuits in the Boxes
Put IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module and the circuit in 3D printed cover then fasten screws securely. (see more details in pictures)
Step 7: Wiring
Connect blowers and IR module to main circuit and (see more details in pictures) and stick foam tape.
Step 8: Install
- Stick all parts to the chair. (more details in pictures) and neaten wires.
- Connect USB cable to Cooling module and power source (For me is power bank)
- Turn it on and no more grilling your butt ; P
Step 9: One More Thing...
- Thank you for visiting.
If you like this project, please vote me : ) and don't forget to follow my Youtube Channel and my instructables.